1 slice • Total Servings: 16
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 tsp. stevia extract *(see page xii for brand variances)
- 3/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 4 (8 oz.) pkgs. Neufchâtel cream cheese, very soft
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ envelopes unflavored gelatin
- prepared cheesecake crust
Melt chocolate in microwave for one minute on power 5 or medium heat level. Stir and heat again for another minute on power 5 or medium heat level. Be careful not to burn. Add stevia and peppermint extracts. Mix well. Combine cream cheese and chocolate mixture using electric mixer. In the meantime, boil water. After water is boiled, quickly add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add to cream cheese mixture and mix well on very low speed. Cover spring form pan with homemade crust.** Place filling into spring form pan.
Chill for 2 to 3 hours until firm.
* This stevia amount listed is the minimum to use in the recipe. Since your sweetness preference and brand used may vary, you may want to add more.
** Optional: If you don’t have time to make your own crust, breakup a prepared piecrust and press firmly down on the bottom of a spring form pan.