- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 12 packets of a stevia-based sweetener* (like Truvía®)
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (about 2 medium) very ripe bananas; mashed
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup butter; melted and cooled
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Non-stick cooking spray
Serving Size: 1 slice
Yield: Makes 12 slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, stevia-based sweetener* (like Truvía®), sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the mashed bananas, buttermilk, egg, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. The batter will be thick and chunky. Don’t over-mix or your loaf will be small and tough.
- Scrape the batter into the loaf pan. Bake about 55 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; transfer to wire rack.
*Please consult online conversion chart, as conversions vary by brand