- 1 package (8 oz) sugar-free oatmeal or gingersnap cookies, crushed (1 ¾ cups crumbs)
- 3 Tbsp of a stevia-based sweetener* (like Truvía®)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 oz (½ cup plus 2 Tbsp) lime juice
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 8 Tbsp frozen (thawed) sugar-free whipped topping
Serving Size: 1 slice
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, 1 tablespoon stevia-based sweetener* (like Truvía®) and melted butter. Press in bottom and 1 inch up side of ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cornstarch in medium bowl. Slowly beat in milk with whisk, then beat in salt and egg yolks. Add 2 tablespoons stevia-based sweetener* (like Truvía®), lime juice and lemon extract; beat with whisk. Pour into crust (it doesn’t matter if crust is still hot).
- Bake 25 to 27 minutes or until filling starts to set around edge. Filling will still look runny, but will thicken and set as it cools.
- Cool completely on cooling rack, at least 25 minutes. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours before serving. Top with whipped topping.
*Please consult online conversion chart, as conversions vary by brand