Effective Date: January 13, 2017
The Truvía® Company, LLC (“Truvía”) thanks you for your interest. You are important to us, and we respect your privacy.
This policy pertains to personal information collected through this website. It does not pertain to information collected in other manners or offline. California residents, please see your California Privacy Rights section below.
Personally Identifiable Information
You may provide us with personally identifiable information (“PII”) when you use this website or related websites by explicitly providing this information to us.
PII includes any information by which you can be personally identified, and may include your name, address, age, date of birth, electronic mail address, occupation, employment information, telephone number, education, the kind of service provided to you, credit card number, and other similar information.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We may use and/or disclose your PII for the following reasons:
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- to contact you otherwise when necessary;
- for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered;
- to track our visitors’ use of the site for internal market research;
- to improve the site and the information and services Truvía provides through the site;
- to customize the content and/or layout of our site for each individual visitor;
- to ask for your participation in brief surveys;
- to be provided to Truvía affiliates or third parties in connection with the legitimate business purposes of Truvía or the site;
- to be provided to third parties for the legitimate business purposes of those third parties;
- to generate aggregate statistical studies;
- as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities, or for the protection of persons or property; and
- for other business purposes.
Due to the design of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
How We Communicate with You
Your provision of PII online through our website or through information collected online on behalf of Truvía constitutes your affirmative consent that we may contact you by email, fax, and other communications for any of the uses stated above.
Automatic Data Collection through Cookies and Other Means
A cookie is a small file sent by a website and stored on a user’s computer which enables the website to remember information about you and your preferences. We use “cookies” and other Web technologies in a number of ways. For example, we may use these technologies to
- collect information about the ways visitors use this site – which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- to support the features and functionality of our site – for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits to our site;
- and to personalize your experience when you use our site;
- to measure the success of our Web or email advertising.
The cookies we use can be classified into two categories:
- “Session cookies” which are allocated to your computer for the duration of your visit of our site and which will be automatically removed from your computer when you close your browser.
- “Persistent cookies” which expire after a reasonable period of time or until the user deletes the cookie.
Some of these uses may involve the use of “third party cookies”; that is, cookies that are set by software used by one of our service providers, such as to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the site, or for the purposes of serving internet advertisements using an online advertising supplier.
Generally, the information we collect using these Web technologies does not identify you by name. If, however, you have created a user identity, for example, by signing up to use a password-protected area on one of our site, we may link the information we collect using Web technologies to other information that identifies you personally.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave this site. For more information on how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ section or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org or http://www.aboutcookies.org. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit our site, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of our site.
We do not want to collect or maintain information from those under the age of 13. No part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 13. By using our site, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
Your California Privacy Rights
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these privacy policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.